Vallhalla
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aion's Vallhalla legion-Siel dedicate forum open to all vallhalla legion members

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introverts and shyness

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lusitania
Lusitania

Introverts and shyness Empty
PostSubject: Introverts and shyness   Introverts and shyness I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:01 am

This is probably a silly question, but how many people in Valhalla are introverts? XD

I was curious how you get over feeling awkward on vent. I love to listen but tend to struggle a bit when it comes to speaking on mics. Which is odd since I am pretty talkative when it comes to text and real life.
Back to top Go down
Rakealia
Admin
Admin
Rakealia

PostSubject: Re: Introverts and shyness   Introverts and shyness I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:34 pm

I've always been very shy and introverted in groups... one on one, I'm less shy, but on vent, well, I just sort of took the plunge a few weeks back and forced myself to talk and get used to it... >.< even now, its hard, but its getting smoother, I suggest trying to talk with one person on vent, then working your way up to squads and the like, that's kinda how I did it and I feel much better about it than I did two weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Zarakatsa
Zarakatsa

PostSubject: Re: Introverts and shyness   Introverts and shyness I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm a lot like you. I'm very shy even in person. I have tried talking on vent but for me it seems like even when I try to talk I get talked over by the people that aren't shy. It doesn't bother me because it's that way in my life to. So I try to make up for it by talking legion chat but even then it doesn't go so well. But at least I listen and read what everyone says and try to include myself when I can. It's hard being an introvert sometimes. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Dekkiel
Admin
Admin
Dekkiel

PostSubject: Re: Introverts and shyness   Introverts and shyness I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:00 am

ive always been outgoing so i cant speak from experience, although i am very good with people in real life. Something i could suggest is hanging out in a separate channel from the big crowd with maybe 1 or 2 people you feel comfortable with and chat with just them. then maybe get comfortable with 1 or 2 more people, then some more, and just slowly get to know a little about everyone as an individual instead of all at once. maybe eventually you can expand your comfort zone out towards larger groups. just an idea, because i would love to get to know everyone more as i love you all very much:)
Back to top Go down
http://kbeeeee.nstars.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introverts and shyness   Introverts and shyness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introverts and shyness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vallhalla :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: